Ever since the first version of Story Tracker hit the iTunes App Store in mid-August, I’ve been hard at work on the next version, fixing bugs and adding new features. I submitted the Full and Lite updates the weekend before last, and earlier this evening I received the approval emails from Apple.
In case you missed my earlier entries, Story Tracker is a submission tracking tool for writers, available for iPhone and iPod Touch. I’d been looking for such an app ever since I bought my iPhone, but alas, no one had written one, so I decided to fill the void myself 🙂 This is basically a carry-everywhere database for all the story submission data you may have scattered across miscellaneous spreadsheets, Word docs, or buried in notebooks.
What’s new in the version 1.1 update:
- Pick genres from a list instead of typing them in every time.
- Record market word limits, pay-rates, and response times.
- Record submission response due dates and withdrawn status.
- Response due dates are calculated automatically based on market response time and submission sent date, or can be overridden.
- Store notes for markets and submissions.
- Track statistics for past due and withdrawn submissions.
- Past due submissions are flagged with an exclamation mark on the story and submission screens.
- More flexible app navigation: add stories, markets and submissions on the fly (limited in the Lite version).
Hopefully I’ve addressed at least some of the items on your wish-list that weren’t in the original version. If not, send me an email with any feature suggestions and comments you may have.