Track your bonsai tree collection on your PC!
Bonsai Album (盆栽アルバム) makes keeping track of your Bonsai or Penjing collection easy. Track development of your trees throughout their lives, on your Windows PC!
Whether you’re new to Bonsai, a collector, or a dealer, Bonsai Album is the ideal tool for organizing your trees, pots, and notes.
Want to track your collection on the go? Transfer your database to and from Bonsai Album on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (available on the iOS App Store), or Bonsai Album for Android (coming soon!).
Looking for the Mac version? Learn More…
- Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 with the KB2468871 update patch.
The download version initially runs in an unregistered trial mode, limited to 3 bonsai, 3 pots, and 3 logs, with 3 photos each. It will also only allow a single database to be open at a time, and database import is disabled.
Purchasing a license either within the app or via the Web Store unlocks full functionality.
Here’s what you can do with Bonsai Album:
- Record details about your trees, including age, source, style, species, and dimensions.
- Select from over 200 species names (with common and botanical names), or add new species.
- Sort trees by name or species
- Store pot details, along with photos.
- Track styling, fertilizing, and other events for every tree and pot in dated log entries.
- Create and edit log entry reminders linked to your calendar (requires Outlook 2010).
- Use the search field to quickly search bonsai, pot, and log lists.
- Add multiple photos per tree, pot, and log entry.
- Add text captions for each photo.
- Select photos to appear on the main thumbnail display for each tree, pot, or log.
- View photos in a full-size gallery view, or in thumbnail form.
- Rearrange photos with multiple selection and drag-and-drop support.
- View the log history for each tree or pot, sorted by date.
- Review statistics for your collection.
- Saves changes automatically
- Print bonsai, pot, or log lists, or information for a particular bonsai, pot, or log.
- Database import and export over WiFi to Bonsai Album on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Import / export via CSV format to transfer your Bonsai Album database to and from desktop spreadsheet applications.
- Bonsai Report HTML export. View your collection on your computer’s web browser. Great for keeping track of your collection for inventory or insurance purposes.
Please note that Bonsai Album does not come preloaded with any photos, nor does it include any bonsai care information and so forth. It only tracks information and displays photos you’ve added yourself.
What’s new in the version 220.127.116.11 update:
- Bug fixes.
- Increased photo resolution when adding new photos.
- Added Extra-Large photos option for the Bonsai Report feature.
- Log photos are now automatically added to the associated Bonsai and Pot.
- New Bonsai fields: ID, In Collection, Value, Sell Price, Fertilizer, Location, Weight, Light, Temperature, Medium.
- Bonsai Source field is now an editable text field.
- New Pot fields: ID, In Collection, Value, Sell Price, Weight, Location.
- Added Semi-Cascade Pot shape.
- Pots can now be sorted by shape.
- Bonsai and Pot lists now show ID field and In Collection state.
- Bonsai and Pots can now be hidden if not in your collection.
- Added barred snowflake icon for Bonsai with Winter Indoors set to Yes.
- Bonsai search can now filter trees needing Winter Indoors by starting to search for “Winter Indoors”.
- Value statistic now takes the new Value fields into account.
- Added Apply button to Info windows.
- Increased photo caption font size.
- Added table right-click context menu.
- Added Duplicate Item feature.
- Bug fixes.
- Increased thumbnail-sized photo resolution.
- Bug fixes.
- Fixed bug where EXIF photo orientation wasn’t taken into account.
- Fixed crash when exporting a database to the iOS version when using a non-English PC.
- Improved performance with large databases when switching between tabs.
- Swapped Delete and Cancel button order on the item deletion alert.
- User interface improvements.
- Bug fixes.
- Fixed crash when exporting a database to a filename that already exists.
- Fixed crash during CSV import when a Bonsai entry contains a Pot name that doesn’t exist.
Send me an email at if you have any questions, to request features, or report any issues. You might also want to check out the Bonsai Album for PC Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
Join the Facebook page to discuss Bonsai Album with other fans.